Last Updated: 18 April 2023
Ground Truth Labs Ltd (“GTL”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your choices, including how to access and update information.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal and Demographic Information
Our Platform uses essential cookies and other technologies to function effectively.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, but if you elect not to provide it, you may be unable to use certain features of the Platform or to communicate with us via the Platform.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in a computer's web browser memory. They help website providers with things like understanding how people use a website, remembering a User's login details, and storing website preferences.
- keep you logged in
- remember your preferences
- identify your device for security and fraud purposes, including as needed to maintain the integrity of our Service
Do Not Track Signals
At present, there is no industry standard for recognizing Do Not Track browser signals, so we do not respond to them.
Third Party Services
We do not use any third-party cookies or send any information to third-party analytics services.
Use by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information and/or Platform Usage Information:
- to qualify you for programs and projects you may be eligible to participate in;
- to process your registration with the Platform, including verifying your information (including your educational and professional credentials) is active and valid;
- to process transactions or other payments you have requested or agreed to, including through various third party services;
- to respond to your inquiries and personalize your experience on the Platform (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to improve the Platform or our products and services;
- to provide you with information about products, services, changes to the Platform and/or our policies, and other information you may request;
- to solicit information from you, manage your account and process payment transactions;
- to process your application for employment, partnership or any other business relationship;
- for internal business purposes;
- to audit use of the Platform;
- to contact you in connection with your use of the Platform; and
How We Disclose Personal Information
GTL does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf.
Our Users and Third Parties Authorised by Our Users
In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we may share Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
Administrative and Legal
We may also disclose and transfer Personal Information to third parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Ground Truth Labs, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Your Access To and Control Of Personal Information
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Platform may allow you to review, modify, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Platform's settings interface or otherwise, and you may provide registration updates and changes by contacting us at the email address or phone number below.
At any time, you may also contact us at our privacy email address (email@example.com) to ask that we remove your name, contact information, and email address from our databases. We will make good faith efforts to make any requested changes or removals in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information, information that you remove may persist internally for our administrative purposes. Note that if you request us to delete or remove any data, you may be unable to use certain features of the Platform or to communicate with us via the Platform. Further, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We incorporate reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. All communications between our servers is encrypted in transit, and we take measures to protect the integrity of our servers and the data they collect.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.